Friday, May 17, 2013

Book Signing

I will be having a Book signing for Kundalini Rising one week from today on Friday, May 24th at The Bay Leaf Market in Crawfordville, FL.  We are scheduled from 4pm - 6pm, but I expect to arrive a little early.  I'll be happy to sign 1st or 2nd edition copies of my book if you already have them.  If you don't have a copy of the book yet, you can buy the 2nd edition at the signing.  They're $14 each.  We'll also be having a drawing for those who attend.  The prize is a t-shirt with one of my illustrations from the book and my favorite saying, "When in doubt, just breathe."  I say this to my students all the time in my classes, but I think it's a great piece of advice for life in general.

Bay Leaf Market has food and books for sale and a cafe area.  There are vegan and vegetarian options available.  Come in and have a chat with me.  I'll be happy to talk yoga, food, philosophy, health and wellness, or answer any questions my readers have for me.  I may also do a short reading from the book.  I expect it will be a fun, community event. Everyone is welcome, even if you are new or inexperienced with Yoga.

For anyone in the area who is unfamiliar with my work, Kundalini Rising is an exploration of chakra clearing using Yoga postures.  It also includes a lot of general tips about health and wellness and was purposely written to be accessible to both experienced yoga practitioners and novices.  I included a lot of information about how to protect and realign your physical body for healing and to achieve the greatest benefit from each posture.  All of my illustrations that go with the various postures are loving caricatures of real people that I see in Yoga classes.  The 2nd edition includes an expanded index (I labored over that, for the record), new material, and updated information.  I carefully considered feed back and questions from students and readers when I decided what needed to be improved in creating the 2nd edition.

For anyone interested in the book who cannot make it to the signing, Kundalini Rising is available on Amazon.com in both kindle and paperback format.  For those who can attend, I look forward to seeing you there!  Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment